CAMPING ASSOCIATION OF SERBIA (CAS)
was founded in 2005 as the association of Serbian campsites, promoter of the complete camping offer in Serbia.
The main mission of CAS is the development of camping potential in Serbia by creating opportunities for the construction of new camps, refreshing, and revitalising existing camps, initiating the development of local communities through cooperation between local government, entrepreneurship, and the NGO sector.
Through its work, CAS is committed to environmental protection and sustainable development.
Thanks to the enhanced international activity, the Camping Association of Serbia in 2007 became a full member of the European Federation of Camping Organizations and Holiday Parks – EFCO & HPA (www.efcohpa.eu).
Since its establishment, the Camping Association of Serbia has achieved the following results:
- a database of camping sites and camping offer in Serbia has been created;
- a web portal was created in Serbian and English, in 2005, with a complete camping offer of Serbia (www.camping.rs);
- annual editions of the camping brochure were created in cooperation with the Tourist Organisation of Serbia, which is one of the most sought-after brochures at all European fairs (printed continuously since 2007 with a total circulation of tens of thousands of copies in 3 languages – Serbian, English, German);
- promotional activities were realised by attending specialised camping exhibitions and international fairs in Belgrade, Novi Sad, Berlin, Milan, Vienna, Madrid, Paris, Utrecht, at the Danube Conference in Ulm, as well as international cooperation within EFCO & HPA;
- for the first time in the history of Serbia, the General Assembly of EFCO & HPA was held in Belgrade, in March 2009;
- At the initiative of the Camping Association of Serbia, the Ministry of Economy and Regional Development adopted a new Rulebook for standardisation and categorisation of camps, which is harmonised with European standards in this area;
- Dozens of projects have been realized in the field of camping development, education and raising awareness of the importance of camping services have been implemented, all with the aim of raising camping capacities and promoting Serbia as a new camping destination;
- Camping Association of Serbia has the development of eco-camping as one of its priority goals, which is mainly related to protected natural sites, and in accordance with that, a new camping brand has been established – eco-camping;
- Camping Association of Serbia and National Park “Fruška Gora” established the first eco camping site at Strazilovo, near Sremski Karlovci, in June 2013. This is the first camping site in National Parks in Serbia and the result of the project supported by the Dutch program MATRA KNIP.
From the very beginning, the Camping Association has been cooperating with European and world camping tour operators, as well as with numerous institutions (tourism development) in our country: republican and provincial institutions, municipalities, non-governmental organizations, protected nature areas, tourist organizations, travel agencies, media, international institutions.
Beside this, the Camping Association of Serbia has so far worked intensively on promoting new camping investments and organised battalion study visits on the occasion of the presentation of camps in our country.
Camping Association of Serbia
Vladimir Djumic, president