Mapping of Serbia in search for attractive new camping sites
This project is based on the fact that Serbia has unexploited tourist potentials and attractive destinations that campers have not had chance to use but that may significantly contribute to development of camping as well as tourism in general.
The main objective of the project is preparation of Programme of Camping Development as a Tourism Product as well as determining 10 most attractive locations for development of new camping sites in Serbia that would meet the needs and requirements of modern campers by their general features as well as by their geographic and technical characteristic.
- Creating Programme of Camping Development as a Tourism Product (30 copies of printed and electronic version);
- Creating list of 10 most attractive locations for development of new camping sites in Serbia, collecting general documentation to build a camping site and providing principles of camping tourism development in selected locations;
- Networking with local tourist organizations is successfully established and possibilities for future development of camping tourism are successfully identified and explored;
- Creating MySQL open source data base for presentation of existing and potential camping sites;
- Running the social media campaign and promoting the project on local media;
- 1000 copies of booklets in three languages (Serbian, English and German) about 10 most attractive locations for development of new camping sites in Serbia in order to inform potential investors.
This project has been implemented from May 2013 to December 2013. Project has been led by Camping Association of Serbia and its partners National Tourist Organization of Serbia and Camping Association of Vojvodina, with support of Ministry of Economy of The Republic of Serbia – Sector for Tourism and Autonomous Province of Vojvodina.